Shrimp, Clams & Rice
This dish is out of this world...Especially for all the seafood lovers out there.
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Red Pepper, Diced
- 1 Can (28 oz) Peeled Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 3/4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 3/4 White Wine
- 2 Cups White Rice
- 12 Large Whole Shrimp
- 1 Lb Clams, Cleaned
- Salt for Seasoning
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Heat up Olive Oil in a skillet over medium heat. Toss in the Onion and Garlic. Let it cook until the onion is cooked through (5-10 Minutes). Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Add in the Pepper and Tomatoes. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Carefully pour the broth and wine into the pan while stirring well. Raise heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling, add in the rice while stirring. Bring heat down to Low and cover. Let it simmer for 20 Minutes, or until the rice is cooked. There should be plenty of liquid. Add Salt for Seasoning if needed.
- Add in the Shrimp and Clams to the pan. Cover. Allow them to cook until the shells open and Shrimp has turned bright pink.
- Squeeze Lemon on top and add the Cilantro on top.
- Serve and enjoy!