Slow Cooker Pot Roast
One of our favorite things to do in this cold weather is fill the house up with the scent of a pot roast cooking in the Crock Pot.
- 1 Large Vidalia Onion, Sliced Thinly
- 3 Lbs Boneless Bottom Round Roast
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, Cut into 2 Inch Cubes
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped Finely
- 1 3/4 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 1/2 Cup Diced Celery
- 1/2 Cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Package Onion Soup Mix
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- Add Sliced Onion along the bottom of your Slow Cooker. Lay the Roast on top of the bed of onions. Around the roast, add the Potatoes, Celery, Carrots and Garlic Cloves.
- Pour 1 1/4 Cups of Beef Broth into a separate bowl and mix with the Onion Soup Mix. (Refrigerate the remaining broth). Once combined pour over beef and veggies in the Slow Cooker. Pour Dry Red Wine on top.
- Set Slow Cooker on Low and Cook for 9 to 10 Hours.
- Transfer Roast and Veggies from Crock Pot to platter and cover to keep it warm.
- Take a small bowl and combine the remaining Broth with the Flour. Increase the heat on the Slow Cooker to High. Gradually add mixture to the remaining juices in the Slow Cooker. Cover and cook for 15 Minutes. Stirring occasionally. Once Sauce is thickened serve over the Pot Roast.