This recipe comes from the Kitchen of Jacqueline Marshall. Jacqueline was a Loyal shopper at Trucchi's and a dear friend. She was a wonderful cook and always surrounded her family with delicious homemade meals. This is her recipe for Chicken Noodle Soup, made right in the crock pot.
Recipe submitted in loving memory by Heather Marshall. Thank you for sharing your Nana's recipe with us!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 Sleeve Celery
- 1 Lb Bag Carrots
- 2 (32 oz) Containers of Chicken Stock
- 1 Vidalia Onion, Chopped
- 2 to 3 Bouillon Cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Bag Egg Noodles
- Tony's Portuguese Bread (available in our Bakery), for serving
- Add all ingredients into a Crock Pot (besides the noodles). The soup should fill the pot up to an inch below the top. If you need to add water, fill up the empty Chicken Stock container for more flavor. Cover and set the Heat to Low. Cook for 8 Hours.
- About 5 to 10 Minutes before you want to eat, cook the Egg Noodles. Remove the Bay Leaves from the soup.
- Add cooked noodles to the crock pot and stir together. Let it sit for about 5 Minutes with the crock pot off.
- Serve with Tony’s Portuguese Bread and enjoy!