What better way to warm up during these cold winter days than with a hot bowl of Beef Stew?
- 4 Red Potatoes, Cut in Cubes
- 1 Cup Fresh Baby Carrots
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Parsnip, Chopped
- 1 Red Onion, Chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Beef Round Bottom Round Roast
- 3 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1/4 Cup Cold Water
- Place all vegetables in a slow cooker. Slice the roast in half and place into the pot.
- Add the Broth, Garlic Cloves, Oregano, Paprika and Salt & Pepper (to taste) together in a bowl. Pour over the roast and place cover on the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours (or until the meat is tender).
- Remove the roast and veggies to a platter for serving (keep warm).
- Take the cooking juices and skim the fat. Bring to a saucepan and boil.
- Add in the cornstarch and water gradually stirring, until it is smooth.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes, or until it has thickened.
- Serve with the roast and vegetables.