These Creamy Buttermilk Potatoes flavored with Green Onions belong on your table for your St. Patrick's Day Feast!
- 2 Lbs Potatoes, Peeled and Halved
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Bunch Green Onions
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- Note: Serve Soft Boiled Eggs over the Potatoes to make it a true Irish Dish!
- With your Potatoes in a large pot, add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and let them cook for about 20 Minutes, or until they are tender and cooked through.
- Drain the Potatoes well and return to low heat. Placing a dish towel over the potatoes will help with drying up the moisture.
- In a saucepan, add Milk, Green Onions, and Sour Cream. Place on very low eat and gently warm.
- Mash up the Potatoes. Season with Salt, Pepper and Butter. Once the Potatoes are smooth, stir in your Green Onion Mixture.
- Season again with Salt and Pepper if necessary. Serve with Butter and Enjoy!