These Scalloped Sweet Potatoes have just the right amount of Sweet & Savory...Plus they're easy to make!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Sweet Potatoes, Peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley Chopped for Garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Melt the Butter in a small pot. Add in the Garlic and fry until it just begins to brown. Add Flour, Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes. Whisk well until there are no lumps and its reached a smooth consistency.
- Add in the Cream while whisking continuously, pouring slowly.
- Raise heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Cut up Sweet Potatoes into Thick Slices. Fan them out into a small baking dish.
- Pour sauce over the Potatoes. Add the Grated Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese on top.
- Cover with Foil and Bake for 45 - 50 Minutes. Remove Foil and turn the broiler on. Let them cook for a few more minutes until the top has reached a nice golden brown color.
- Add Chopped Parsley on top before serving.