A delightful entree filled with your favorite flavors of fall.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Quinoa
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Kale, Chopped to 1 Inch Pieces
- 1/4 Cup Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Pierce your Sweet Potatoes with a fork, several times. Place them onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake for an hour, or until the Potatoes are tender (check with a fork).
- Meanwhile, rinse off the Quinoa in water. Place Broth into a saucepan with Quinoa. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and bring to a simmer. Cover. Let simmer until the broth has absorbed.
- Take a frying pan and saute the onion in the Olive Oil with a pinch of salt. Once the onions are soft, add in the Kale, Pine Nuts, and Dried Cranberries. Saute for 3 minutes. Add the cooked Quinoa to the pan and mix together well.
- Slice the Sweet Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Stuff them with your Quinoa Mixture.
- Serve and Enjoy!