The best combination of Italian and Portuguese cuisine.
- 4 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 oz Chourico, Cut Into Bite Size Pieces
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 1 Bell Pepper, Diced
- 4 oz Shiitake Mushrooms, Diced
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1 1/2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 3/4 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Grated Asiago Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
- Pour the Chicken Broth into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Reduce to Low Heat.
- Place a Dutch Oven over Medium Heat and melt the Butter. Add Chourico and cook for about 5 Minutes.
- Add in the Onion, Bell Pepper and the Mushrooms. Cook until the Onions are translucent, which should take about 8 to 10 Minutes. Add in Salt and Pepper.
- Stir in the Arborio Rice.
- Add the Dry White Wine and bring to a simmer. Allow it to evaporate completely. This should take about 1 to 2 Minutes.
- Pour the Chicken Broth into the pot 1 ladle at a time. Stir frequently until well absorbed. This takes 2 to 3 Minutes per ladle.
- Keep adding in the Broth until the Rice is tender.
- Remove the pot from heat. Stir in the Asiago Cheese.
- Top off with Chopped Parsley.
- Serve and Enjoy!