These Meatballs have just the right amount of kick!
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Pepperoncini, Drained
- 1/4 Cup Bottled Chili Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Fennel Seeds, Crushed
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 1 Package Pasta, Cooked
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- For Tomato Sauce:
- 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Can (28 oz) Crushed Tomatoes, Drained
- 1/2 Cup Dry Red Wine
- 2 Teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and set to the side.
- Combine chopped pepper, chili sauce, bread crumbs, onion, cheese and fennel seeds together in a large bowl. Add the pork into the bowl and mix well. Take mixture and shape into 36 meatballs, set them down into the prepared baking pan.
- Put in the oven and let bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or until cooked through). Take out of the oven and drain the fat.
- Meanwhile, prepare your tomato sauce. Place a large saucepan with oil over medium heat. Toss in the chopped onion and minced garlic. Let cook for 3 to 5 minutes (or until onion is tender). Stirring occasionally. Stir in the tomatoes, dry red wine, balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes (or until sauce is slightly thick). Stirring occasionally.
- Add the baked meatballs to sauce. Heat through. Serve over cooked pasta. Add fresh basil leaves on top.