Katelyn Bennett's Red Wine Chicken and Mushrooms dish is out of this world. Elegant and bursting with flavor.
- 2 Large Chicken Breasts, pounded thin
- 2 Eggs Beaten with a Dash of Milk or Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1 1/2 Cups Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Merlot or Red Cooking Wine
- 2 Beef Bouillon Cubes Dissolved in ¼ Cup Water
- 1 Can Sliced Mushrooms/Stems, Drained
- Vegetable Oil
- Cut pounded Chicken Breast into smaller portions- usually 4 or 5 from 2 large breasts
- Add Parmesan, Salt and Pepper to the beaten egg
- Create breading station with Breadcrumbs laid on wax or parchment paper
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture, coating both sides
- Bread the chicken on both sides with Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- In a frying pan with a little bit of oil, brown chicken on both sides- just enough to get a golden finish to the breadcrumbs
- Place in a 9x13” baking pan and continue with the rest of the Chicken
- Once all the Chicken has been dipped/breaded/browned, combine the Beef Bouillon Mixture with the Red Cooking Wine. Pour around the Chicken in the pan.
- Top Chicken with the Mushrooms.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes
Recommended sides: buttered or creamy pasta, green beans or broccoli