Brent Marcotte's delicious recipe for Emilia's Enchiladas is a delightful new twist to your ordinary Enchilada dish.
- 1 Lb Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, Chopped
- Diced Green Chiles
- Shredded Cheese
For Enchilada Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Salt, According to Taste
Instructions for Enchilada Sauce:
- Add Vegetable oil, Flour and Chili Powder to a pot over medium heat. Whisk ingredients together until it begins to bubble. Whisk and continue to cook mixture for another minute while bubbling.
- Whisk in the Chicken Broth, Barbecue Sauce, Cumin, Garlic Powder and Cayenne Pepper until it reaches a smooth consistency. Bring sauce to a simmer to allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Season with Salt according to taste.
Instructions for Enchiladas:
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Place skillet over Medium Heat with Olive Oil. Add in the Chopped Onions and cook until translucent. Add in the Diced Peppers and Garlic. Cook until soft. Set aside in a bowl.
- Dice and Season Chicken with Salt and Pepper. Add more Olive Oil to pan. Cook until the Chicken is cooked through.
- Add Onion and Pepper mixture to the pan with Green Chiles. Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Assemble the Enchiladas with Cheese. Place in greased baking dish. Sauce on the bottom, place the enchiladas with the seam side down. Add Enchilada sauce on top. Top with Shredded Cheese.
- Place in the oven covered with foil for 25 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 10 minutes.