Try Kate Bennett's delicious Lasagna Recipe. You can Make it with Turkey or Vegetarian style!
From the Kitchen of Kate Bennett:
**Recipe can be halved for smaller yield/servings
**Meat can be omitted for a vegetarian version
1 Lb Ground Turkey 93% Lean
2 Jars Meat Sauce (Tomato sauce if making vegetarian dish)
1 Onion, Diced
Parsley and Garlic Salt, To Taste
Grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 Cup Red Wine
1 Large Container Cottage Cheese
1 Bag Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Box Lasagna Noodles
- Place onion in pan with ground turkey and brown the meat.
- While the turkey is browning, boil lasagna noodles for about 7 minutes. When done, remove noodle and lay in a single layer on paper towels to absorb extra moisture.
- Open jars of sauce. Spread a thin layer on the bottom of a 9x13” baking pan.
- Once the turkey is browned, add the 2 jars of meat sauce, wine, parsley and garlic salt. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove sauce from heat.
- Place a layer of noodles in the pan on top of the thin layer of sauce.
- Add a layer of cottage cheese, sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Pour a layer of sauce over the cheeses.
- Add another layer of noodles, cottage cheese/mozzarella/parmesan and meat sauce. Add a final layer of noodles and top with sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.