A simple recipe for the absolute best tasting pork chops!
- 4 Bone In Center Cut Pork Chops (1 to 1.5 Inches Thick)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt (for Brine), PLUS 1 Teaspoon (for seasoning)
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Lemon Wedges, For Serving
- To Brine Pork Chops: Fill a Large Bowl with warm water and 1/4 Cup Kosher Salt. Stir until most of the salt has melted. Add the Pork into the bowl and let them sit for 15 Minutes or so.
- Remove the Pork Chops from the brine and rinse with cold water. Pat them dry with Paper Towels.
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Brush the Pork with Olive Oil on both sides.
- Whisk the Salt, Red Pepper Flakes, Paprika, Black Pepper and Garlic Powder together in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning over the Pork Chops evenly.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast iron skillet over High Heat for 5 Minutes. When the pan is nice and hot add the Pork Chops to the pan. Use a spatula to press the chops evenly in the skillet. Cook until both sides are golden brown - about 2 to 3 Minutes on each side, using tongs to flip them.
- Transfer the Skillet to the oven. Bake the Chops for 3 Minutes. Flip the pork Chops again and continue baking for another 3 minutes (or until the pork is fully cooked). Once they are done transfer to a serving plate immediately. Add the juices from the pan onto the Pork Chops.
- Add a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the plate and allow the pork to rest in the marinade for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with Lemon Wedges and Enjoy!