The only way to enjoy Stuffed Peppers is cooking them right on the grill!
- 6 Large Red, Green or Yellow Bell Peppers, Seeded with Tops Removed
- 1 Cup Cooked Jasmine Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic, Minced
- 1 Lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Tomato, Diced
- 2 Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1/3 Cup Ketchup
- 1/3 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- Salt to Season
- 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your Grill to 375ºF for indirect cooking.
- Cook Rice according to instructions on package.
- Place a cast iron pan over medium heat with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add Onions and cook until soft, for about 5 Minutes.
- Add the Ground Turkey, break up as it cooks in the pan. Once the Turkey is cooked through, add the Garlic. Cook for 1 Minute.
- Stir in the cooked Rice, Tomato, Italian Seasoning, Ketchup, Barbecue Sauce and Salt. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the Mozzarella Cheese and stir well.
- Scoop the filling into each Pepper, trying to distribute as evenly as possible. Top with remaining Mozzarella Cheese. Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan over each Pepper.
- Place the Stuffed Peppers cut side up, on the grill. You may place the peppers in a cast iron dish if they do not stand up on their own. Grill for 30 to 40 Minutes, or until the peppers are tender. The cheese should be melted and slightly roasted.