A Flavorful Caprese Salad seared over Pork Chops.
- 4 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil, Divided
- 1 Tablespoon EVOO
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 6 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Beefsteak Tomato
- 4 Slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Basil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Season Pork with Salt, Pepper, Brown Sugar and Half the Dried Basil.
- Add Olive Oil in a Large Oven Proof Skillet over Medium High Heat. Sear Pork Chops for about 3-4 Minutes on each side (or until golden brown).
- Transfer Chops from Pan to plate and cover.
- Add Butter and Garlic to pan. Once Butter has melted stir in Broth and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Bring Heat down to Low.
- Slice the Tomato in Half. Cut one half into slices, and the other half chop. Add the Chopped Tomato to the pan and stir well.
- Return Chops to the pan. Add the Slices of Tomato and Mozzarella Slices. Sprinkle with the reserved Basil.
- Place the pan into the oven. Bake 10 to 15 Minutes or until cooked through.
- Garnish with Fresh Basil.
- Serve and Enjoy with extra sauce.