In 1947 and at this time changed the name from Home Town Stores to Tremont Super Market.
William decided to purchase R. F. Owens Company, a wholesale grocery company, with the idea in mind of creating his own distribution center.
The Montello Street building, although adequate at the time, quickly became overcrowded. In 1957 William purchased ten acres of land on Broadway in Raynham upon which he erected a modern warehouse to better service his customers.
After four years of steady growth the need for expansion was apparent. Shortly after acquiring sixty acres of land he built a new, larger, more modern market and named it Trucchi's Supermarket.
Taunton's first shopping center was created by William in 1967. In addition to the newly constructed Tremont St. market, it housed a Laundromat, beauty salon, barber shop, pharmacy and sporting goods store.