Chicken & Vegetable Orzo
Chicken & Vegetable Orzo is like Chicken Soup soaked up in pasta! Its one of our favorite comfort dishes.
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Ribs Celery Chopped
- 3 Carrots, Peeled, Sliced
- 5 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 8 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken, Shredded
- 1 Lb Orzo
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon Basil, Minced
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Add Olive Oil to large pot and place over Medium Heat.
- Add Chopped Onion, Celery, and Carrots into the pan until the Onion is translucent. About 8 minutes or so.
- Add in the Garlic Cloves and let them cook with the vegetables for a couple of minutes.
- Slowly Add the Vegetable Stock to the pot. Bring it to a boil.
- Add in the Chicken and Orzo.
- Lower heat to Medium. Add in the Parsley, Basil and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Keep the pot to a simmer and let it cook for about 20 minutes, or until the Orzo is cooked and vegetables are nice and tender. The liquid should be completely absorbed by the Orzo.
- Serve and Enjoy!