These Braised Chicken Thighs are juicy and full of flavor. The Kale and Beans add the perfect textures and compliment the dish perfectly.
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Bone In Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, Minced
- 1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth, Separated
- 1 Tablespoon Honey Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Chopped Tarragon
- 10 Cups Kale, Stems removed and Chopped
- 1 Can White Cannellini Beans
- Heat up a Tablespoon of Olive Oil in a Skillet over Medium High Heat.
- Combine the Paprika, Salt and Pepper together in a small bowl.
- Pat the the Chicken Thighs dry. Rub your Seasoning well into the Chicken.
- Lay 4 of the Chicken Thighs into the skillet with the skin side face down. Once the skin has browned (about 5 minutes) turn it over and let it continue to cook on the other side (about 3 minutes)
- Transfer the chicken thighs to a plate and set aside. Repeat process with the rest of your Chicken. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Over Medium heat, cook the Minced Onion in the skillet until they are tender.
- Add 1 Cup of the Chicken Stock and the Honey Mustard to the pan. Allow it to simmer until the sauce reduces to about 1 Cup (sauce will become slightly thickened).
- Remove the skillet from heat and slowly whisk in the cold butter. Once it is well incorporated add in the lemon juice and Tarragon.
- Bring the Kale and White Beans to the pan. Lightly coat the Kale with the sauce by gently tossing. Return the chicken back to the skillet. Tuck the thighs into the Kale.
- Carefully pour the remaining broth over the dish. Cover the Skillet leaving it on Low Heat. Braise mixture for about 30 minutes or so.
- Serve and Enjoy!