A Trucchi Family Recipe. Mrs. Trucchi's Wheat Bars is a beloved treat that has been shared and passed down through generations.
- 1 Lb Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2½ Cups Rolled Oats
- 16 oz Chocolate Morsels (for frosting)
- 1 Stick Butter (for frosting)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Prepare a 12” X 16” half-sheet pan (or 2 9” X 12” pans) by lining with parchment or buttering and flouring.
- Cream the Butter using a stand mixer. Add the sugar and beat until light. Beat in the eggs thoroughly. Blend in the flour and oats.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If the center is still pale, turn the oven down to 325ºF and bake another 10 minutes. Allow the bars to cool in the pan while you make the frosting.
- Put the Chocolate Morsels and 1 Stick Butter in a bowl over very hot, not boiling, water. Stir occasionally. When fully melted, spread evenly onto bars, and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Makes 24 massive bars or 96 modest ones.