This Soup is Filled with Flavor and your favorite Veggies! A perfect Dinner to make during Lent.
- 2 Tablespoons Refined Coconut Oil
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Maple Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sweet Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/4 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 (15 oz) Can of Chickpeas, Drained and Rinsed
- 2 Cups Sweet Potatoes, Peeled and Diced
- 1 Can (15 oz) Fire Roasted Crushed Tomato
- 4 oz Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Peas
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Diced
- 2 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 5 oz Fresh Spinach (or Kale)
- Serve over a plate of Quinoa Serve with Naan Bread
- Top off with Chopped Candied Walnuts for an extra bit of crunch!
- Over Medium Heat, heat the Coconut Oil in a large Pot (or a Dutch Oven). After the Oil starts to shimmer add the Onion and cook until it begins to become translucent ( 4 Minutes or so).
- Add Garlic and Ginger to the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in your Maple Sugar, Sweet Paprika, Cumin, Chili Flakes, Oregano and Cayenne. Cook until fragrant (another 2 minutes).
- Add your Chickpeas, Sweet Potatoes, Crushed Tomato, Mushrooms, Peas, Carrots and Vegetable Broth into your pot. Raise heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to Medium Low and let simmer for 15 to 20 Minutes, or until the vegetables are all tender.
- Add your Spinach (or Kale) to your soup. Stir until wilted.
- Serve in a bowl as is, or you can add it to your cooked Quinoa. Top off with Candied Walnuts for added texture and flavor. Serve with a side of Naan Bread.