Warm up in the cool fall weather with a creamy bowl of Cheesy Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup.
- 2 Heads Broccoli, Chopped into Florets
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Vidalia Onion, Diced
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Cups Half & Half
- 2 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrots
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Place a large pot over Medium Heat and add the Butter and Chopped Onion. Sauté until translucent.
- Add the flour to the pan and stir until it browns slightly. Stir in the Half and Half and Vegetable Stock and mix well.
- Once the mixture begins to reach a simmer, bring the heat down to Low. Continue to let simmer 5 to 10 Minutes.
- Add the Broccoli and Carrots. Season with Salt and Pepper and add Paprika. Stir and let simmer for another 10 to 15 Minutes.
- Add the Cheddar Cheese and stir until it melts.
- Serve with warm rolls and enjoy!