A Hearty Soup perfect for a Chilly Fall Day. Allow the aroma of this White Bean, Kale and Sausage soup to fill your home while it cooks in your Crock Pot. From the Kitchen of Heather Marshall.
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lb Turkey Sausage, Cut to Bite Size Pieces
- 1 Onion, Chopped (you can use Frozen Diced Onions if you’re looking to save time)
- 1 Carrot, Chopped
- 1 Stalk Celery, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1/2 Lb Kale, Stems removed and Chopped
- 6 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Can (28 oz) Cannellini Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- 1 Sweet Potato, Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary, Dried
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Over Medium Heat, cook the Turkey Sausage in the Olive Oil in a large skillet.
- Once the sausage has browned on all sides, toss in the Onion, Celery and Garlic. Sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add everything from the pan with the sausage into your Slow Cooker. Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook in the Crockpot on Low for 8 hours.