Our Wacky Wednesday Sale is on March 7, 2018 ONLY!
By Trucchi's on March 1, 2018
By Trucchi's on February 22, 2018
What are Goji Berries?
They are Berries native to Asia, and are growing in popularity as one of the greatest super foods out there.
The Goji Berry is a powerful antioxidant. They contain 18 Amino Acids. That’s 6 TIMES Higher than Bee Pollen! Goji Berries have more Beta Carotene than Carrots, more Iron than Spinach and 21 Trace Minerals.
Goji Berries have 500 TIMES the Amount of Vitamin C by weight than Oranges! In addition, the protein of Goji Berry displays an Insulin-like action that is effective in fat decomposition.
Outstanding Nutritional Value
The Goji Berry is recognized as a powerful antioxidant. They contain 18 amino acids (6 times higher than bee pollen), more Beta Carotene than carrots, more iron than spinach, 21 trace minerals, and 500 times the amount of Vitamin C by weight than oranges.
In addition, the protein of the Goji Berry displays insulin like action that is effective in fat decomposition. They are believed to help prevent serious illnesses, including cancer and heart disease.
They are great to snack on if you are sick or have a fever because they help boost your immune system, making it great to eat during this flu season. Goji Berries are also known to help prevent against the appearance of aging, which all of us could appreciate. Try them and let us know what you think!
Adding To Your Diet
Add Goji Berries to your diet by trying some of these Goji Berry Recipes.
We tried making this delicious Goji Hibiscus Iced Tea and it was simply delectable!
Add these flavorful berries over your favorite salad. They give your salad that different kind of texture and taste it needs to make an ordinary salad into something spectacular.
Make this Goji Granola for a healthy snack!
Goji Berries are also great to sprinkle on top of your favorite cereal or into your yogurt…or simply to snack on as they are!
Posted in Grocery
By Trucchi's on February 8, 2018
Don’t miss our 4 Day Lenten Fish Sale. From Tuesday, February 13th through Friday February 16, 2018 ONLY!
By Trucchi's on February 5, 2018
Order your Dinner for Two for your Valentine this year. An already prepared meal that you just have to heat and serve! You may place your orders in store or Online Now.
Please place your orders by February 11th.
By Trucchi's on January 11, 2018
Posted in 3 Day Sale
By Trucchi's on January 9, 2018
We’ve added a BONUS item to our Breakfast Wacky Wednesday Sale on 1/10/18 ONLY!
By Trucchi's on January 3, 2018
Congratulations to the 2017 Winners of the Make it Better with Cranberries Cooking Contest!
Top Recipes by Adult Category
1st Place ~ Gluten Free Cranberry Almond Bundt Cake by Eileen Altieri
2nd Place ~ Cranberry Tea Cake with No Lump Cream Cheese Frosting by Rosa Galeno
3rd Place ~ Cinderella Pumpkin and Cranberry Jam by Jay Warden
Best Student/Youth Recipes
1st Place ~ Eat S’More Cranberries by Lily Makepeace
2nd Place ~ Cranberry Caramel White Chocolate Cheesecake by Taunton High Culinary I A5
3rd Place ~ Cranberry Cream Cheese Danish by Taunton High Culinary I A2
Most Unique ~ Cranberry Ice Cream by Taunton High Culinary I A4
Candy/Fudge ~ Chocolate Cranberry Nut Candy by Julianna Hubert
Cookie/Bar ~ Zesty Cranberry Blondies by Julie Boulanger
By Trucchi's on December 29, 2017
Throwing a New Year’s Eve Bash? Give 2017 a proper goodbye and welcome 2018 the right way. Try out these tasty dishes for your guests to snack on while you’re ringing in the new year! Here are some of our favorites!
Turn ordinary platters into something unique. When serving that veggie dip, hollow out colored Bell Peppers and use them instead of a bowl.
You won’t believe how easy this Coconut Whip Fruit Dip is to make. All you need are three ingredients! Toss some toasted Coconut Flakes on top to dress up the dip. Serve it with your favorite fresh cut fruit.
Classy Apps & Wraps
Prosciutto Wrapped Pears are so easy to make and are perfect if you’re looking for a dish more on the classy side.
Shrimp Cocktail is a New Year’s Eve party essential. Serve over a bed of lettuce and lemon wedges…and Remember the Cocktail Sauce!
Jen’s Cranberry Cheese Pinwheels can be made in a jiffy and are absolutely delicious. The sweet Craisins, combined with the textures of the crunchy pecans and smooth cream cheese create a wrap rolled up to perfection.
Sweet Savory Chicken
Serve a plateful of these Sweet Savory Chicken Bites. Wrapped in Maple Bacon to give just the right flavor and balance with that barbecue sauce.
These Chicken Empanadas are full of cheesy goodness and those green chilies give them just a bit of a kick!
By Trucchi's on December 28, 2017
- 2 Bartlett Pears, Sliced into lengthwise wedges (about 8 wedges per Pear)
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Arugula
- 2 oz Wedge Blue Cheese or Gorgonzola, Cut into small pieces
- 6 oz Prosciutto, Thinly Sliced, Cut in half lengthwise
- Toss the Pear slices into a bowl with just a bit of Fresh Lemon Juice, to keep the Pear from browning.
- Layer a Pear slice, an Arugula Leaf and a piece of cheese all onto a piece of Prosciutto. Roll up to wrap all the ingredients together.
- Serve and Enjoy!
By Trucchi's on December 28, 2017
- 1 Package Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 2 Cups Chopped Chicken
- 4 oz Light Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Can (4.5 oz) Diced Green Chilies
- ½ Cup Rotel, Drained
- Salt and Pepper, To Season
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with Cooking Spray, or line with Parchment Paper.
- Mix together Chicken, Cream Cheese, Shredded Cheese, Green Chilies, Rotel, Salt and Pepper all in a large bowl.
- Take one of the Pie Crusts and unroll it onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using a 3 Inch Cookie Cutter, cut out rounds.
- Repeat with the remaining Pie Crusts in the package.
- Place round onto a clean and flat surface. Brush edges of the round with water.
- Take 1 Teaspoon of your Chicken Mixture and place in the center of the round. Fold the dough over the filling and press the edges together using a fork, sealing it together. Repeat process until you've used up all your mixture and rounds.
- Brush the Beaten Egg on top of your Empanadas.
- Lay the Empanadas on prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 Minutes, or until fully cooked.